Faites une demande d'inscription ici et commencez à éditer cette fiche.
|This page has been translated by ASSOAL|
HISTORY OF CITIES – HERITAGE
HABITAT : LEGAL ASPECTS
RIGHT TO LODGING
The rights to lodging is not included in the constitutional laws of the Czech Republic. Nevertheless, article 30 of the fundamental human rights and liberty chart, adopted as constitutional law n°2/1993, perhaps pertinent in the context of the rights to lodging, stipulates adequate citizens’ rights to material security during old age in the period of incapacity to work as well as the loss to certain aid. Every person suffering from material loss is liable to such aid, needed to live a simple life.
Aid to lodging is equally regulated by many legislations:
- law n ° 40/1964 of the Civil Code contains basic adequate contract regulations to address lodging related questions ( lodgement contracts) ;
- Article.35 par. 2 of Law n°128/ 2000 Coll. Regulates legal measures and responsibilities of municipalities who should take care of creating conditions for development to social protection and protect the needs of its citizens, notably in responding to lodging needs. In addition, every municipality/town can design its own internal regulations to help ease access to lodging for their citizens (municipal apartment locations), this according to article 104 of the Constitution on the representative organisms of municipalities that is competent in governmental autonomy.);
- Law n°198/2009 Coll. (anti-discrimination law) explicitly forbids discrimation when it concerns access to property and services, lodgings as well ;
- law n°99/1963 of the Civil procedure Code sets out rules as to what is to be done in case of discrimination founded on race or ethnic origin as well as cases of discrimination to access to lodging;
- and law n°117/1995 Coll., concerning social aid given by the state , law n°111/2006 Coll., relative to material aid in case of necessity as well as laws governing social functioning whose activity is directly geared towards financially taking care of lodgings for families in case of need. (Lodging allocation).
The “Lodging development funds”, loans and subventions for the rehabilitation of lodging after a natural catastrophy and a “supplement for lodging” are equally governed by laws.
The Czech Republic has signed but has not yet ratified a revised Chatter on the 04/11/2000. The country recently accepted the collective complaint procedure (04/04/12).
(Source : FEANTSA 2012) (1)
HABITAT : SOCIAL & ECONOMIC ASPECTS
According to l’INSEE, in 2007, 72% of Czech homes were proprietors of their lodgings (middle class Europeans = 65%).
QUALITY AND LODGING
INFORMAL HABITAT / SLUM / HOMELESS
HABITAT : ROLE OF THE STATE
AID TO LODGING
Bibliography & Sitography
- CECODHAS Report 2012
SOME SOCIAL MOVEMENTS
- ARMÁDA SPÁSY = Saluted in the Czech Republic. An association engaged notably in the fight against homelessness. Taking care of elderly persons, single mums, and the youths are some of their public objectives. They take care of more than 30 refugees throughout the country. Internet Site – contact.
- ASOCIACE POSKYTOVATELŮ SOCIÁLNĺCH SLUŽEB ČESKÉ REPUBLIKY – APSSCR = Professional Federation of associations that offers socio-medical aid to persons with difficulties. The can amongst other things give detailed or documented information to homes of the elderly.
- Internet Site – contact.
- NADĚJE = an organism signifying ‘HOPE’, is in the fight against homelessness. They principally help the homeless on a long date, but also youths who are just coming out from institutions., the elderly who are threatened to loss their homes and refugees. In a long term, they control dormitories and refuges throughout the countries… Site Internet – contact.
- SDRUŽENÍ AZYLOVÝCH DOMŮ = A national association endowed with lodgings. Their objective is first of all to work for the homeless or those threatened to loss their lodgings but also to defend their interests and promote operations in quality environment.
- . Site Internet – contact.
- FORS = Czech’s forum on cooperation for development, education and humanitarian aid be it in the national or international level. Macro-economic issues like the impact of climatic change, durable development also interests them.
- . Site Internet – Les contacter.
- ZMĚNA KLIMATU = The climate coalition in Czech proposes open discussions and information sharing so as to take into consideration the impact climatic change has on the population and unto the vulnerable, not forgetting countries of the South and in a campaign to reorganize towns.. This indicates forexample, discussions on the extraction forms of gas in the country. Site Internet – contact.